Over a year...

Wow! what a change in life since I wrote my first silly blog post. For over a year I've been off-kilter with dd's autism diagnosis and Dh's car accident.
Last spring I stopped going to church. It also put me off my daily 5 km's and eating right. I had lost 30 pounds and have liely regained 40. OY!
This weekend was the first time in almost year that I actually felt some freedom and likely just snapped a neuron and went silly which felt great. I somewhat feared I'd suffered a mild stroke but I'm still here.
I bit the bullet and headed out to church this morning with my oldest dd and boy was she glad to get there. I was worried like a phone call you haven't returned in to long that my return would be awkward since I just kinda disappeared. But, I knew I needed to get our life back regardless of autism and to hide in fear was far more of a toll than just doing it.
I was so glad I went. Rev.T . always has great sermons that touch me and give me something to think about. Today he spoke about God's abundance and how we each have something abundant to give. Perhaps, it's a talent or helping or things or laughter. But, the point was that too often we give to others what's only left over instead of celebrating that God's given us an abundance of our talents and we should give off the top with the knowledge and confidence that there's alot more that's coming in.
Sunday School: I have decided I would like for my non-verbal autisitc dd to start attending church with me and my other 2 dd's; instead of her staying at home with DH. She has made some changes over the past year and naturally matured that I think (and hope) it's a step she's ready to take.
I'm kind of nervous because there aren't ppl with mental disabilities there. We go to a rural farming church which is essentially the town's community center. I spoke to the Rev. today and set up to bring her in throughout the weekdays to allow her to adjust to the surroundings; when I'm going past to take her to preschool. He expressed enthusiasm about her coming and that perhaps they'd all learn something too.
She's also going to jr. kindergarten in the fall and will be in a mainstream JK. Many of the children at the church will get know her before she attends school and also go to the same school.
The preschool sunday school teacher has an early childhood diploma so that's a bit reassuring and I know I'd have to provide her with direct one-one support. But, I'm excited too about including her in the community. I guess I'm feeling it's a big leap of faith; exciting but scary.
Last spring I stopped going to church. It also put me off my daily 5 km's and eating right. I had lost 30 pounds and have liely regained 40. OY!
This weekend was the first time in almost year that I actually felt some freedom and likely just snapped a neuron and went silly which felt great. I somewhat feared I'd suffered a mild stroke but I'm still here.
I bit the bullet and headed out to church this morning with my oldest dd and boy was she glad to get there. I was worried like a phone call you haven't returned in to long that my return would be awkward since I just kinda disappeared. But, I knew I needed to get our life back regardless of autism and to hide in fear was far more of a toll than just doing it.
I was so glad I went. Rev.T . always has great sermons that touch me and give me something to think about. Today he spoke about God's abundance and how we each have something abundant to give. Perhaps, it's a talent or helping or things or laughter. But, the point was that too often we give to others what's only left over instead of celebrating that God's given us an abundance of our talents and we should give off the top with the knowledge and confidence that there's alot more that's coming in.
Sunday School: I have decided I would like for my non-verbal autisitc dd to start attending church with me and my other 2 dd's; instead of her staying at home with DH. She has made some changes over the past year and naturally matured that I think (and hope) it's a step she's ready to take.
I'm kind of nervous because there aren't ppl with mental disabilities there. We go to a rural farming church which is essentially the town's community center. I spoke to the Rev. today and set up to bring her in throughout the weekdays to allow her to adjust to the surroundings; when I'm going past to take her to preschool. He expressed enthusiasm about her coming and that perhaps they'd all learn something too.
She's also going to jr. kindergarten in the fall and will be in a mainstream JK. Many of the children at the church will get know her before she attends school and also go to the same school.
The preschool sunday school teacher has an early childhood diploma so that's a bit reassuring and I know I'd have to provide her with direct one-one support. But, I'm excited too about including her in the community. I guess I'm feeling it's a big leap of faith; exciting but scary.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home